Sunday, October 15, 2017

Dear Suu Kyi...


"Since the start of the violence on August 25, more than 500,000 Rohingya have fled to neighbouring Bangladesh.
Over 1,000 Rohingya villagers have been killed, 15,000 homes have been burned down, and those that have remained are trapped in fear and desperation.
On September 1, my parents and I were forced to leave our home.
After three days and two nights, we reached Bangladesh after crossing the Naf river on a small rowing boat. We later found shelter at the Kutupalong refugee camp.
I just received information that my home was burned to the ground. While many will say it was the army or vigilantes that burned it down, I feel as if it is you - Aung San Suu Kyi - that is to blame.
Not only did you burn down my home, you also burned my books."

Source:
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/open-letter-rohingya-aung-san-suu-kyi-171014082728040.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home